What is Buddy Break?
Buddy Break is a free program where children with special needs (VIP kids) can make new friends; play fun games; and enjoy crafts, therapy dogs, stories and music activities! Siblings have fun too! Meanwhile, their caregivers get a respite from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities for three hours once a month. Buddy Break is open to anyone with VIP kids.
Each VIP kid is paired one-on-one with a screened volunteer (Buddy) to participate in that day’s activities.
Who are VIP kids?
VIP kids are children with special needs, which include any physical, cognitive, medical or hidden disability, chronic or life-threatening illness, or those who are medically fragile.
Buddy Break Schedule
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- No June Buddy Break
- Saturday, July 15, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, December 16, 2017 Time: 10am-1pm
How do I sign up my child(ren)?
Liberty Bible Church provides Buddy Break for:
Go to www.BuddyBreak.org to learn more and complete the secure online forms:
- VIP children- ages 2 to 16 years old
- Siblings of VIP kids- ages 4 years old to 5th grade
- VIP Family Information Form
- Sibling Info Form (if appropriate)
- Authorization/Release Form
- Declaration of Consent Form
Contact us to reserve your space at a required VIP orientation. (Contact information is below.) This allows us to meet you and your children and gives you a chance to see Buddy Break before you begin participating.
Prior to orientation, print and complete the forms listed below. We will have a notary at orientation to notarize them for you.
Once you have signed up for the program and completed orientation, you’ll need to make a reservation for each month that you want to attend Buddy Break. Space is limited and a reservation is required, so register early!
To make a reservation for our upcoming Buddy Break as a VIP:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lori Pantale at 219-728-2464.
How do I sign up to be a Buddy?
No previous experience with VIP kids is necessary to be a Buddy, just a loving heart, open arms, and a willingness to learn. You must be at least 14 years of age and you will be trained through a two-hour Buddy Training 101 class. You also have to agree to a background check.
- Click Here to create an account and complete the secure online Buddy Application.
- Contact us to schedule a visit or reserve your space at a mandatory Buddy Training 101 class. (Contact information is below.)
To make a reservation for our upcoming Buddy Break as a Buddy, email: email@example.com.
Lori Pantale, Buddy Break Coordinator