TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD:
Step 1: Qualify - Your child/children must be entering grades K-5 and must qualify for a free or reduced lunch program.
Step 2: Complete a form - You must go in person to one of the locations listed below and complete a registration form*. Registrations cannot be done over the phone. Registration deadline is Friday, August 4, 2017
Liberty Bible Church, 824 N. Calumet Ave., Chesterton, 46304, (219) 926-3038 (Office, Door C).
- Duneland YMCA, 215 Roosevelt St., Chesterton, 46304 (219) 926-4204
Duneland Boys & Girls Club, 521 W 1100 N., Chesterton, 46304 (219) 926-9770
Thomas Library, 200 W. Indiana Ave., Chesterton, 46304 (219) 926-7696
Hageman Library, 100 Francis St., Porter, 46304 (219) 926-9080
*Once you sign up, one of our caring volunteers will contact you with details.
Step 3: Attend a party in your honor on Saturday,
August 12 at 9am to eat treats, have fun, receive your backpack and meet your child's sponsor.
TO SPONSOR A CHILD:
1) Stop by the Hall of Nations (in Liberty Bible Church) table on any Sunday from July 16 through August 6.
2) Sign up for a specific student. (The school supply list is provided for that specific student.)
3)Then, go shopping! Purchase a backpack and school supplies needed for that year.
4) Attend a fun reception on Saturday, August 12 at 9am at Liberty Bible Church to meet with your child and his/her family to give them the backpack.
You can also help with...
Questions? Call Carol Key @ (219) 462-5072
Donate school supplies for
- Assist with preschool siblings
- Help at the reception
- Help with refreshments
- Be a stand-in sponsor (meet with a family and child for someone who can provide a backpack but can’t come to the reception)
- Be a prayer partner for specific requests